Transit Oriented Development (TOD) is happening throughout downtown Meriden. In June 2018, the Connecticut Department of Transportation initiated commuter rail service along the Hartford Line. The Hartford Line provides frequent rail service to Hartford/Springfield and New Haven with connecting service to NYC.
Within walking distance to the new Transit Center are several new TOD projects with new apartments, office and retail space for lease. Ongoing projects include:
- 24 Colony Street Westmount Development Group mixed use development--NOW LEASING!
- Meriden Commons 161 & 177 State Street -Pennrose Properties --PHASE 1 NOW LEASING! PHASE 2 Under construction.
- 11 Crown Street -The Michaels Organization mixed use development -CONSTRUCTION IN 2018!
- "On the Green" 77 State Street Pennrose mixed use development
- Meriden Transit Center-a $20 million transit center that is part of the $750 million New Haven Hartford Springfield rail program.
- 1 King Place