Transit Oriented Development is now happening on several City-owned sites in downtown Meriden. TOD projects include 600 new housing units, 30,000sf of retail space and over $125 million private investment within the next five years. Ongoing projects include:
- 24 Colony Street Westmount Development Group mixed use development--NOW LEASING!
- "Meriden Commons" 161 & 177 State Street -Pennrose Properties --Construction in 2017
- "On the Green" 77 State Street Pennrose mixed use development--Construction in 2017
- 11 Crown Street (former Record Journal building) The Michaels Organization mixed use development and demolition project -Construction in 2018
- 116 Cook Avenue/Factory H (104 Butler Street/77 Cooper Street) POKO Partners LLC development and adaptive reuse of 70,000 sf former mill building
- Meriden Transit Center-a $20 million transit center that is part of the $467 million New Haven Hartford Springfield rail program.
- 1 King Place (former hospital)