Transit Oriented Development is now happening on several City-owned sites in downtown Meriden. TOD projects include 600 new housing units, 30,000 sf of retail space and over $125 million private investment within the next five years. Ongoing projects include:
- 24 Colony Street Westmount Development Group mixed use development--NOW LEASING!
- "Meriden Commons" 161 & 177 State Street -Pennrose Properties --UNDER CONSTRUCTION!
- 11 Crown Street (former Record Journal building) The Michaels Organization mixed use development and demolition project -CONSTRUCTION IN 2018!
- "On the Green" 77 State Street Pennrose mixed use development
- Meriden Transit Center-a $20 million transit center that is part of the $750 million New Haven Hartford Springfield rail program.
- 1 King Place