Download: 2015 Parking Info
The Colony Street parking lot is closed to allow for construction of the 24 Colony Street Mixed Use Transit Oriented Development Project. Downtown Parking is available in the following areas:
NEW: MHA Parking Lot (161 State Street)
- 83 spaces of free public parking during shuttle bus hours (7:30 AM-1:00 PM weekdays)
Church and Grove Street Garage (60 Church Street)
- 123 spaces on Lower level $2/hour, $10/day maximum. First 2 hours free with participating merchant validation. Parking rates apply from 8 AM-6PM Weekdays.
- 127 spaces on upper level are contracted parking only. (No public spaces available)
- Paid monthly/overnight parking permits for lower level of garage are available through the Meriden Parking Commission.
West Main/South Grove/Butler Street Lot (30 Butler Street)
- 178 spaces $2/hour, $10/day maximum. First 2 hours free with participating merchant validation. Parking rates apply from 8 AM-6PM Weekdays.
- Preferred parking for Meriden Superior Court
- Paid monthly parking permits are available through the Meriden Parking Commission.
Hanover Street Lot (44 Hanover Street)
- 172 spaces free parking
- Preferred parking for Meriden Police Department and Meriden Senior Center
Upper Church Street Lot (31 Church Street)
- 65 spaces free parking
- Parking reserved for Middlesex Community College-Meriden Center
All City-owned lots are free on evenings, weekends and all federal holidays. On street parking is free for one to three hours where marked. Overnight parking permits for downtown residents are available through the Meriden Parking Commission. Parking for the disabled is available.
For additional information on the parking policies, contact David J. Puska, Director of Facilities, Meriden Parking Commission, phone (203) 639-2855, email@example.com, or for general information contact Juliet Burdelski, Director of Economic Development Phone (203) 630 4152, firstname.lastname@example.org